Back to top
3. Interest-Based Ads
In addition to using cookies also use web beacons (also known as action tags or single-pixel gifs) and other technologies (collectively, “tracking technologies”). Tracking technologies enable us to learn about what ads Tradespeople see, what ads they click, and other actions you take on our Website and on other websites. This allows us to provide you with more useful and relevant ads. For example, if we know what ads you are shown we can be careful not to show you the same ones repeatedly.
In environments that do not support tracking technologies, like some mobile devices and applications, we may use other anonymous technologies for these purposes. To serve our ads in mobile applications we collect identifiers, such as Google Advertising ID or IDFA depending on the operating system of your mobile device. These identifiers consist in a string of anonymous and random characters singling out your device, that our partners may store using a non-reversible encrypting method.
Please note that we do not provide any personal information to advertisers or to third party websites that display our interest-based ads. However, advertisers and other third-parties (including the ad networks, ad-serving companies, and other service providers they may use) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized ad or content are part of the group that the ad or content has targeted. Some third parties may provide us with information about you (such as the websites where you have been shown ads or demographic information) from offline and online sources that we may use to provide you more relevant and useful advertising.
Advertisers or ad companies working on their behalf may use technology to serve the ads that appear on our Website directly to your browser. They automatically receive your IP address when this happens. They may also use tracking technologies to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize ad content. We do not have access to or have any control over tracking technologies or other features that advertisers and third party websites may use, and the information practices of these advertisers and third party websites are not covered by this Privacy Notice. Please contact them directly or visit their websites for more information about their privacy practices.
Back to top
4. Does TradeJobs.app Share The Information It Receives?
Information about our Members is a key part of our business. We share Member information only as described below and with controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice. We do not typically share personal information about Users who are not Members.
Back to top
- When You Create a Tradesperson Account: We share Tradespeople details (full name, postcode, email address and phone number, specific trade, CSCS card description, distance to travel, availability) with Contractors who are searching for Tradespeople on the Service. Contractors must comply with the Contractors Code of Conduct concerning how they deal with Tradespeople and use Tradespeople’s information. Here we are using your information to fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- When You Respond To A Posted Job Add: We share Tradepeople’s profile information (full name, postcode, email address and phone number, specific trade, CSCS card description, distance to travel, availability) with Contractors who have posted the Job Add. Here we are using your information to fulfill our contractual obligations to you. In pursuit of our interest in providing Contractors with access to legitimate Tradepeople and ensuring the positive reputation and user experience of the Website is upheld, in the event of a dispute between a Contractor and a Tradeperson, we will make available any other personal information we hold on a Contractor or Tradesperson that is pertinent to that dispute and may, in our judgment assist in the fair and reasonable resolution of that dispute.
- When You Post A Job Add: We share the Contractors information (contact name, trade required, contact number, job postcode, terms of pay) with Tradespeople who have said that they are interested in Job Ads. Here we are using your information to fulfill our contractual obligations to you. In pursuit of our interest in providing Tradespeople with access to legitimate Jobs and ensuring the positive reputation and user experience of the Website is upheld, in the event of a dispute between a Contractor and a Tradeperson, we will make available any other personal information we hold on a Contractor of a Tradeperson that is pertinent to that dispute and may, in our judgment assist in the fair and reasonable resolution of that dispute.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We appoint third party companies and individuals as data processors to perform functions on our behalf. We will provide your personal data to such data processors in order for them to assist us in providing you with services. In some circumstances we may need to share personal data with such data processors in advance of you requesting a specific service, for instance so that the data processor can contact you regarding services that are within your membership package but to which you may not have signed up. The information shared with data processors may include your TradesJob.app User ID, name, email address, phone number and postal code. Our data processors will only have access to personal data needed to allow them to make our services available to you and will only use your personal data for this purpose. Examples of services provided on our behalf by our third party service providers include operation and administration of our member benefits portal, removing repetitive information from User lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), providing anti-fraud services and providing customer services. In sharing your information with these parties we are pursuing our legitimate business interests having assessed those interests against the benefits to you of the additional efficiencies gained by the use of third party suppliers, assured ourselves of the ability of those third party service providers to control and protect your information and taken account of the types of personal information we share.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we run competitions or send offers available to all Contractors or selected groups of TradesJob.app Members jointly with or on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address unless you have consented. If you wish to change your ability to receive such offers, you can adjust your contact preferences at any time by emailing [email protected]
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy products, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, User information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the User is notified otherwise). Also, in the event that we or our successor or substantially all of our assets are acquired, User information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection Of The Website And Other Websites And Applications Operated By TradeJobs.app: We disclose account and other personal information when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our User Agreement and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of our Website, our Users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We work with individual identity data providers to obtain information about Members from the Electoral Register and other sources to verify identity. We may ask you to provide physical forms of identity verification when you open or during the operation of your account.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- Sharing Information With Search Engines: To enable others to find you and find out more about the services Tradejobs.app offer, your profile information on our Website may be included within search engine results. This includes but is not limited to your company name, profile picture, work area and services offered.
- Facebook And Other Social Media Services: We offer many ways for Users to find, enjoy, and share content about Contractors Job Ads and Tradespeople. We enable and encourage users to explore who else is using our Website and their public profiles. Most of your information via our Website is publicly available to others.
5. How Secure Is The Information We Hold About You?
Back to top
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input;
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
6. What About Third-Party Advertisers And Links To Other Websites?
Our Website, Apps, and any Electronic Media may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. If you access other websites using the advertising or links provided, the operators of those websites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their privacy notice which may differ from ours. For more information about third-party advertising on our Website, please read our Cookies policy.
Back to top
7. What Information Can You Access?
Our Website and other websites operated by TradeJobs.app gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with our Website for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Back to top
8. What Choices Do You Have?
Back to top
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be required to take advantage of the Website’s features;
- You can add or update certain information on the Website pages as mentioned in the ‘What Information Can I Access’ section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records;
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please request this through [email protected] (However, legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, govern your use of the Website, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
9. Does TradeJobs.app Send Information It Holds About You Outside The UK Or European Union?
All countries in the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes the UK, have similar standards of legal protection for your personal information. We may analyse information you have given us and we may use third party suppliers to provide other services from centres outside the EEA (such as the USA and India) that do not have a similar standard of data protection laws to the UK. If so, we will require your personal information to be protected to at least UK standards.
Back to top
10. Conditions Of Use, Notices, And Revisions
If you choose to visit the Website or Download the App, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our User Agreement including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of English Law. If you have any concerns about privacy at TradeJobs.app or in relation to the Website or App, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the User Agreement will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Website or App frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We endeavour to never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of Member information collected in the past without having informed affected Members.
Back to top
11. Examples Of Information Collected And The Purposes For Which We Use Your Information
Information You Give Us
You provide information when you register as a Tradesperson or Contractor, post a Job Add, create a profile, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer services through [email protected] For example, you provide information when you place a Job Add on the Website and create a Tradesperson profile on the app. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers, your postcode, and e-mails to us, CSCS Card criteria, description and photograph in Your Profile.
Why Do We Collect This Information?
- To identify you as a Member of our Website, to address you, access your account, answer your questions and resolve your issues, to contact you and to let you know if you have won a prize in any competition or other promotion run by TradeJobs.app;
- To identify whether you have an account with us already or have had an account with us which we closed for, without limitation, violation of our User Agreement or applicable Code of Conduct;
- To share your information with selected partners who may use or provide the information to other organisations for purposes including identity screening, fraud prevention and customer management
- To share your information with selected partners who may use or provide information to other organisations to send you information about products or services (but only with your permission);
- To allow us to send you job leads;
- To allow us to market your services as a subcontractor to other Members;
- To enable Tradepeople to respond to your queries;
- To carry out analysis (usually through aggregating information) on the way our services are used and Job Add interest rate
- To enable and promote Job Ads including the Website’s features, content products and services made available through the marketplace, such as sharing, user interactions, notification and suggestion as and integration with third party services.
- Please note we will never ask you to confirm your password via email. If you receive an email that requests this information and appears to be sent from us, please treat it as fraudulent and do not reply or provide any information. In this instance we would ask you to get in touch via [email protected]
Automatically Collected Information
Why Do We Collect This Information?
- To understand the technology our Members are using and that we must design and build products for;
- To understand the online behaviour of our Members;
- To manage our exposure to and to prevent and detect fraud;
- To aggregate this data with similar information from other Members to help inform product development;
- Where your device is configured to allow it, we may also receive a confirmation that you’ve opened our communication (e.g. email) since we wish to ensure that our emails are interesting to our Members and that you receive relevant information from us.
Where you access our Website, App or services from a mobile or tablet device, we may receive information about your location and your device including a unique identifier for your device. Most mobile and tablet devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. For information about specific devices, please refer to your mobile’s user manual. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Why Do We Collect This Information?
- To provide Contractors with location based services (where you give us permission) including job leads in your immediate vicinity.
- Information From Other Sources
- Examples of information we receive from other sources include account information from Contractors about your fulfilment of Job Ads if you are a Tradeperson, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses advertising and at times other fraud prevention agencies if required.
Why Do We Collect This Information?
- To analyse on an aggregate and anonymous basis how much Members are spending through our Website and we may share this analysis with selected partners;
- To analyse and manage our investment in online marketing;
- To help prevent and detect fraud.
- Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Laws.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily via our Website include up-to-date information regarding Jobs you are interested in if you are a Tradesperson as well as personal information (including name, e-mail, trade, profile picture, phone number, password, post code, CSCS card); or Job Ads you have posted if you are a Contractor and Tradespeople who are interested in this Job, as well as company information (including name, e-mail, company log, contact phone number, password, post code). If you would like to access other information that we hold about you, please email [email protected]
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information whilst we continuing to provide services to you and following the termination of our contractual relationship for any period we are required to do so by any applicable legislation (eg UK tax legislation requires us to hold information for a minimum of 6 years). Additionally, we will continue to hold such of your personal information as is necessary and proportionate to fulfil our legitimate interests. Specifically, we will retain information on Tradespeople and Contractors no longer using the Website necessary to retain the integrity of the Website by preventing Tradespeople or Contractors from using a different identity, re-listing on the Website following de-listing if there was concerns regarding their use of the Website.
Under the Data Protection Laws, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the removal of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
The Data Protection Officer, Office 6 Unit 33 Henfield Business Park, Shoreham Road, Henfield, England, BN5 9SL
- let us have enough information to identify you eg your name, address and an order number,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Trade Jobs also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The Data Protection Laws also give you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at ico.org.uk or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Back to top